Thighs on the Prize

If you follow me at all, you may have realized that I want to start this blog journey that I've named thighs on the prize.

Then every day, something happens where I think "YES, THIS SHOULD HAPPEN."

Maybe other people don't take derby so seriously, maybe derby is just something someone does for fun to supplement their lives.

Not me. Derby has literally changed every part of my self and my life. While a lot has been hard, heartbreaking, stressful, EXPENSIVE, and need i mention -sweaty-, it has created a strength and confidence that I never thought i could have.

As I continue to embark on this weight loss journey, i have found that its no longer REALLY about the weight... its about me. Its about me trying to like myself, accept who I am, get comfortable with my body, my thoughts, and getting healthy in all aspects.

I did an interview tonight that i think i *Semi* came up with a theme about what I want this to be...

Really, I want it to be a collaborative effort of people within the derby community, really working on the betterment of themselves by getting strong, getting mentally healthy, and playing really awesome roller derby.

Here is a video of me talking through WHY this idea even came up, and what it kind of means to me:




And here was my official call out to the derby community to add: its via Facebook so click here to make it pop up!

While I am struggling to come up with a solid basis, I am continuing to film a lot of what I am going through, and hope it logically comes together.

I am really open and wanting others to join in on the conversation.

I truly think that the way to my happiness is to share and understand my journey so I can come to terms, as well as learning through other peoples journeys and having open, honest, thoughtful, and emotional conversations.

I also would really like to create a more loving, more relatable, and friendly community within derby.

Through my life, I have always been okay at really pushing people away. As i get older, I realize that I no longer want to walk this world without a really great core group of friends. I'm starting to reach out to people who I really love and miss, and am hoping to strengthen bonds that I have made in the past. I am also really wanting to create and maintain more relationships, and think that this may create an open dialogue to really create a great support system.


Tonight I got a chance to have really amazing conversations with a new friend, Emily Quick AKA  Winter IsComing, who has started an amazing podcast called DerbyFace which you should check out. Click here to listen to her first podcast about WFTDA seeding.  You may also go to the Facebook page to write in or send in your audio to contribute!

So, i guess what I am getting at is that I need to try to focus, which is a thing that I've always struggled with, but hopefully passion will outdo my chaotic mind and I will be able to put something together that, in my head, can lead to a beautiful and accepting journey.

I hope that you will be a part of it.

One last thing: for all my friends who i get to see on the daily, don't judge me when I am recording myself with either my phone, camera, or even using the dreaded..... SELFIE STICK. Its actually really convenient with the tripod attachment.

Here are some dumb photos I have already gotten to use it for:


i know where totallllllly cute, right?!



Thanks for being a friend, stoping by, and give me a hug next time i see you!

♥&☺ kayla

2 comments:

  1. Your inset paragraph sounds somewhat like me, except I still push people away so they don't have to deal with the same shit as I do. I wish you love and luck, in your new journey. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sometimes the shit gets easier with more people, or at least relieves the stress! reach out, i think its worth it.

      Delete